Algorithm Update on X:
- Elon Musk announces a significant algorithm update for the platform formerly known as Twitter (X).
- The update aims to highlight posts from smaller accounts, moving beyond users' friend-follow networks to expose them to new and potentially interesting content.
- The change aligns with Musk's vision of transforming X into a creator platform, fostering opportunities for smaller creators.
X's Creator Monetization Features:
- X has been actively targeting creators with features such as support for long-form posts, extended character limits for paying subscribers, two-hour video uploads, and an ad revenue-sharing program.
- The platform aims to allow creators to build their audience on X and monetize their posts through ad revenue sharing and subscriptions.
- Various features, including message requests from subscribers and audio/video calling, contribute to building a direct connection between fans and creators.
Implications and Challenges for X:
- The algorithm update is expected to roll out in the next few days, with Musk emphasizing continuous improvement and open-source development.
- The success of this algorithm change could potentially give smaller creators greater visibility on X, potentially boosting the platform's usage and discoverability.
- Despite these efforts, the uncertainty remains regarding creators' embrace of X, with larger platforms like YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram often being preferred for monetization.
For further actions, you may consider blocking this person and/or reporting abuse